Saturday, June 27, 2009

Virginia

Day 50: 85 miles - After 50 days of riding and almost 3900 miles, we're at the Virginia state line. The riding today was pretty similar to yesterday. We had a few nice gradual stretches along some rivers between the mountains. We also had four pretty significant climbs today. The third one was the steepest and longest we've had in a while and had me wishing for a few more gears. The descents today were as good or better than the ones yesterday. I think I'm going to have to rig up my camera somehow to get a video of one of these thrill-rides.

Also today, we met a guy heading west from Ohio bound for Astoria. He didn't really have much of a plan beyond that other than mentioning maybe riding home via the northern tier route. Pretty crazy.

We ended the day in Elkhorn City about a mile from the Virginia state line. Tomorrow we'll be heading to Damascus, VA and will meet my grandparents there for the evening. I think they are going to ride the 11 mile section along the VA Creeper trail, so I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment