Highlights from the trip:
- 4 am wake up
- finally got to Portland at about 11:00 am pacific time
- We recieved two free metro train tickets to go into portland to grab some lunch and walk around for a bit
- Went back to the airport and eventually left for Astoria as the only two passengers on a sea port air nine passenger single turboprop plane. During the final approach into Astoria, we saw a big bald eagle right out the front window.
- We get to astoria and walk around the waterfront for a while and then up the hill to the Astoria column. www.astoriacolumn.org
- Today we're picking up bikes and hitting the road down the coast.
6 years ago